Operating an ATM
ATM machines may differ in appearance. However, they operate in the same basic way.
To use an ATM
- Insert your ATM, debit or credit card into a slot on the machine.
- You may be asked to select English or Spanish.
- Using the machine's number keypad, Enter your PIN (Personal Identification Number.)
- Press E or Enter.
- Select your transaction. For example, Withdrawal, Deposit, Transfer Funds, Account Balance.
- Another list of choices appears based on your transaction. For example, you may need to select which account you want to with or deposit funds to or which account you want to transfer money from and which one you want to transfer money to.
- You will also need to select or enter the amount of money you want to withdraw, deposit etc. (If you are making a deposit, you will have to put the amount into a deposit envelope and insert it into a slot on the machine.)
- Your transaction will be processed. For example, if you made a withdrawal the machine will issue you cash.
- Your card will be returned to you, and a receipt will be printed if you requested one. Don't forget your card!